Monday, August 23, 2021

IBS Conference on Flatbands: symmetries, disorder, interactions and thermalization

Last week my former affiliation, the Institute for Basic Science, hosted a conference on the physics of flatband lattices. I was fortunate to be invited to virtually present a colloquium talk, where I recounted how I became interested in flatband lattices during my PhD studies. I have uploaded my presentation slides, and the recorded talk is also available to watch on Youtube

 Unfortunately I was on leave for most of the week and missed most of the conference talks, so I hope all of the presentations will be uploaded for viewing. One of the talks I was able to watch live was by Hal Tasaki, one of the founders of the field back in the early 1990s, who shared some of his early encounters with flatbands, including learning about new results by reading preprints distributed via snail mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment